Tuesday, September 14, 2010

New York: Taking a bite of the Big Apple

One of my frustration in my New York trip was not being able to enjoy the gastronomic wonders of the city due to a lingering gastric problem. I just had another good reason for me to go back to the Big Apple. I just had two noteworthy foodie delight in the city that was a wonderful relief from all the chinese takeout.

What Carrie Bradshaw Snacks On


Having a sweet tooth or perhaps teeth, I have resolved before stepping into New York that I won’t be leaving until I got a taste of those heavenly cupcake that Carrie Bradshaw is snacking on. After a day of walking and posing for the camera, what better way to reward ourselves but to satisfy our sugar craving with those yummy cupcakes. I personally liked the Red Velvet cupcakes with its yummy melt in your mouth vanilla icing. Special cupcakes are priced at $3.00 – converting it to peso is roughly a hundred pesos for a cupcake. Quite a hefty sum to pay for this sweet treat but with all the nostalgia of my first NY experience-let me fork out that 20 bucks and add that Devil’s Food cupcake, German chocolate and some good old Vanilla cupcakes.

It has been almost a week since I have landed in the Land of Milk and Honey, but I still haven’t experienced the American Dinner.It was home cooked Pinoy food or Chinese take out reason being my mom and aunt just doesn’t dig those sinful steaks and yummy buffalo wings.

Thanks to “K” once again for treating me to a wonderful dinner at Applebee’s in Times Square. We had a scrumptious salad,yummy buffalo wings and tasty sirloin steak (well done please).Good food and great company capped a memorable day at the Big Apple.


0 comments:

Post a Comment